Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Coke Chicken

Okay so tonight for dinner we had coke chicken, thank you to the wonderful "Mrs. Nicki" as we call her in our household (she is our daughters music teacher at MDO and our dear friend). She gave me this recipie a while back and it has changed out lives! YES its that good lol. I give her all credit for this! I thought I would let this be the first recipe I post about since its one of our favorites at our house and we eat it no less than once a week since its soooo easy, cheap, and extremely YUMMY! Plus, its low in weight watcher points too. I forget how many she says its worth, but im sure its low in cals. and fat since there is pretty much nothing to it. So here you go!


Ingredients:

  • We use about 2lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken (I have used both chicken breasts and chicken tenders)this is what will feed our family of 2 1/2 (yes, I consider Gracie a half lol) But you can use as much chicken as you need to feed your family.
  • 1 cup of ketchup
  • 1 can Diet Coke, Any kind works well. (Tonight we didnt have any diet coke so I tried it with a can of regular Pepsi and it worked GREAT!)
Thats it, thats the only ingredietns you need! Its wonderful lol.




Directions:

  1. Grease a skillet pan well and place on burner with heat turned to Med-Med/High. Place chicken in skillet (You dont have to wait for pan to heat up)
  2. In a large bowl mix together ketchup and coke, then poor over chicken in skillet.
  3. Heat chicken and coke mixture until boiling.
  4. Once boiling, turn down the heat and cover with lid. Let sit for about 30 min. I usually turn and stir every 5-10 minutes, but you dont need to.
  5. After about 30 min. of simmering, take lid off and crank the heat back up to high.
  6. Let boil until the soupiness of the sauce has thickend up to a BBQ consistancy. You will know its done when the sauce is as thick as ketchup or BBQ sauce. The chicken will be almost falling apart at this point also. REMEMBER! If the sauce is still soupy then it is NOT done. You need to let it cook as long as it needs to cook for the sauce to be thick! It shouldnt take more than 30-35 min. for it to be cooks completely.
  7. If you want a little more seasoning you can always sprinkle with some garlic powder and onion powder.
  8. Serve with fries or veggies and ENJOY!
                                          
I plan to try this recipe in the crock pot the next time to see if it works. I will update on that as soon as I try it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment