Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wedding Recap #3 - Getting Ready!

Before I recap the getting ready part of our wedding day, I want to say a HUGE thank you to my friend and hairstylist Laci. You have NO idea how much you calmed me down that day and how much you made me feel so much better and more relaxed. And for that, I love you! lol

Laci was seriously, like others were too, a huge help to me! She was so helpful at the rehearsal doing what ever little tasks we needed help with. My getting ready started pretty quickly right after the rehearsal. All of my bridesmaids had their hair appointments at the salon at the same time and my mom and I got our hair done back at the hotel so that it would be a little less chaotic. I could not believe it, but Gracie ended up passing out, on her own, with no coaxing involved lol, and took a nap for over 2 hours!



I cant tell you how happy I was that she took a good nap!

Laci was so sweet to order us some margaritas! We were able to have a a couple hours just hanging out while she did my hair. It was so fun getting a chance to hang out with her, we don't get very many moments to hang out. Even if she was doing my hair at the same time lol.

The bridesmaids hair ended up taking a little bit longer then we had expected. Not only was it our wedding day, but it was also the University's graduation day so all the salons were jam packed with people getting ready for graduation that day. I had hoped we would all be done getting ready in time to get to the train station early to get as many photos done as possible. That didn't quite work out, which wasn't anyone fault, there just wasn't enough time. I'm so grateful for the photos we did get however. Our photographer, Shana Mills Photography, did a FABULOUS job! She got so many great photos of Hubby Holmes and his groomsmen. Even though we didn't have time to get any bridesmaid shots, she was still able to get so many great photos of the getting ready process. Here are my favorite getting ready shots and some of my favorite shots of the groomsmen she was able to get before the wedding :)


Cant live without my phone! ;)


My beautiful cousin



"Waitin on Woman" ;)



I sure love Hubby Holmes :)


I love this one of Hubby Holmes handcuffed to the light pole lol




I could seriously post like 50 more but then that would just be silly. The overall getting ready for our wedding day was so chaotic and just an unorganised mess! I'm just glad that at least the pictures (most of them anyways lol) depict something different. I'm glad they captured the joy that we truly felt in our hearts that day! I learned very quickly that day that I will never (like there will be another chance anyways, I'm going to be with Hubby Holmes forever, Duh! lol) but I will NEVER do that again lol. I wish I would have paid someone to do EVERYTHING! All the set up, all the transporting of stuff from here to there, all the little details, everything. **EDIT!**(I cant say thank you enough to Fancy Cakes Etc. for all that they did! I cant let it go without acknowledging the work that they did! They truly did do so much that day, that without them I would have just been one hot mess and there just may not have been a wedding lol. They did so many things, i.e. the cake, the caterring, helped find music, the set up and take down, etc...that It would take me all day to list what all they did. Thank you Debra, Tegan, and all the Fancy Cakes Etc. crew!!) My day was way to consumed with worrying about 50 million little things to get done that I should have just been able to enjoy it for what it was. All I can say, is that the second my veil was placed over my face and I walked down that aisle towards my best friend, all of the stress of wedding planning and preparing for everything literally lifted off of my back and everything in the world was just as it should be! But that's another recap ;).....

No comments:

Post a Comment