Thursday, July 21, 2011

Whats new with you?!

Hello fellow friends and blog world! I haven't posted in awhile, and thought I would stop in and say good morning! Alot has been going on the the Holmes household, enough to make our heads spin! We've had some fun moments and then they all ended with an incident with my car that has now left me without a vehicle. But we wont talk about that lol. I thought I would update everyone on what we have been up to this summer. We have had a pretty good summer so far and honestly, I'm very sad that its coming to a quick end. Gracie and I both start school again next month as well as we will celebrate her 3rd Birthday!! I cant believe my baby is growing up! Its honestly like a sick joke to a parent to watch your babies grow up and need you less and less. Anyways, back to our summer!

This summer we have spent ALOT of our days at the splash pad with our great friends the Erskine's! You can check out Nicki's blog here.


Gracie playing with the water guns

This is the "magic sensor" that turns the water back on once its turned off. :)


   At the beginning of the summer some of my family, Gracie and I went camping along the river! We had a great time, however our camp site location was horrible! The site was great, we LOVED the location, except we had HORRIBLE neighbors who partied all through the night. The crazy thing about that was that they literally never went to sleep the entire 2.5 days we were there! They had the worlds largest bon fire going, biggest one I had ever seen, and drank endless amounts of beer and insisted on yelling profanities the whole weekend. I was honestly shocked that people could act like that. I understand that when people have to much to drink the say and do things they wouldn't normally do. And then you wake up the next morning with a hang over and cant imagine drinking that much again for awhile and act "normal" again. Well, not these people. These were grown adults, with small children with them as well. We complained the first night, waiting until around 10 or 11 to even say anything, and they took that as a personal insult and continued to do what ever they could to make our trip uncomfortable. After the first night when we complained, they continued to stay up all night, party as loud as they could and then at 8am the next morning started banging on pots and pans as hard as they could and yelling "Its time to wake up! Its 8am!!" I'm telling you these people were crazy! Not to mention, the camp resort we stayed at had two main camp areas. One was a camp area mainly for those that want to stay up later and party and have a good time. The second camp area, where we were staying, was designated for families, those that want a low key camping weekend. I don't understand why these men and woman were acting that badly, but all I can say is that I think more than just alcohol had something to do with it. No normal human being acts like that, even if they were irritated that we complained and rained on there parade! Even the last morning their dog came over to our camp site and proceeded to relieve himself ON OUR camp site. We shooed the dog away and they came over towards us puffing their chests telling us "He's just taking a p**s". Anyways, we were lucky that during the day we were having so much fun on the river that we didn't even bother to think about the crazy group most of the time we were there. We still cant wait for our trip next year and just hope to not have scary crazy neighbors!!


My cousin, her friend, and Gracie catching fire flies :)

My mom and sister hangin out!

My crazy cousin on our horse back ride. She's such a goof ball!
Everyone lined up and about to head out on the trail :)
Trying to get a picture of me and Gracie on our horse. No horse in the picture but you get the idea :)
 After we have packed up the campsite and head home, we stop at the Pizza Hut just on our way out of town. Its our last meal of the trip and our tradition to do every year. We always sit in the large back room that always seems to have no one else back there and we just have a fun crazy time. There are these candy and game machines back there and one of them has nothing but face facial hair "stickers" and some even have fake moles!! Its so funny, and the girls spend crazy amounts of money ever year putting money into the machine to see what facial hair or mole they will be so lucky to get. We get some great pictures and it really is alot of fun!

My crazy cousin and her best friend with their lovely mustaches lol
My other crazy cousin with her beard lol.
One afternoon we decided to take the kids to see the new movie Cars 2.


This was the best picture I could get since it was dark and I couldn't see what was going on lol
 Then, just last week a good friend of mine and I took our kids who are just a few days apart in age to the Zoo. We had alot of fun, even though the temps got over 105 degrees that day lol.

We started the morning off by catching a Sea Lion show.


This is Gracie and Little Z man, he's such a cute little guy! I love this picture, such an honest feeling between a boy and a girl lol. They really do like each other, just not at this moment I guess lol.


It was so neat to be front row! The Sea Lion demonstration was right in front of us. I sure enjoyed it but Gracie wanted nothing to do with it being so close!

Then we took the little ones on a carousel ride. They had alot of fun!

Of course, we couldn't leave the Zoo without making a trip to see the new baby Elephant. She is only a few months old and just so cute!! She squeaks and is a very playful "little" thing, comparatively...lol
 Overall, this has been a great summer! I'm having so much fun with Gracie. Its so sad that she is getting older and growing up, but at the same time its so fun that she is able to do more things and last longer in the day without naps. We have so much fun together, I just wish Daddy was able to join us more often :( But he is such a good daddy who works so hard to provide for Gracie and I. We sure do love him :) However, this weekend he is taking some time off of work and we are going to spend the weekend in TX visiting my Aunt and picking up my sister to bring her back to the good ole state of OK for school. It should be a great weekend!!

I hope all of you are having a wonderful summer as well, despite the heat! I don't normally say this but I'm honestly ready for fall to get here, if nothing more then for some temperature relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment