Friday, July 1, 2011

Wedding Recap #2

With all the stress that the day before our wedding brought me, I was NOT about to let the day of our wedding be anything but relaxation, joy, and just filled with love and laughter. Hahahaha, yeah right! That was not what was in store for me that day lol. Well, the love and laughter part ofcorse was! But to think that the day was going to be anything but stress free and full of relaxation was a JOKE! The day started with our wedding rehearsal. We had our rehearsal the morning of our wedding because we had alot of family coming in from out of town and it made it easier for them to not have to miss work/school/etc. on Friday. So bright and early at 8:30 we all headed to the Train Depot to unload 3 cars FULL of wedding crap into the station and try to fit in a wedding rehearsal, breakfast and some set up in only 2 hours that morning. It was rather interesting to say the least! We were so blessed to have so many friends and family there to help us! Everyone found a job and pitched in! I could not have done it without all of them. And not one of them complained about my disorganization and chaotic mind that day lol. Here are some pictures of our family and friends helping out:

My nephew helping out like a stud!


I'm so glad they helped! Look at all the crap they had to carry in, so funny to look back on it now and see how unimportant some of that stuff was! lol


Everyone waiting to be told what to do :)

I feel like this picture is a good representation of the day! Just a pile of stuff everywhere!


This is Debra, our head caterer and wedding planner. The look on her face is priceless! That is exactly how I was feeling this morning lol


Everyone helping set up tables! What great troupers they were :)



"Are you sure you want me to put that there?!"

Apparently I was dishing out orders lol


You gotta leave time for playing on your iPhone :)


By this point others joined in on the "setting up the candy bar" lol. I think they just wanted to sneak some tasty treats ;)


Once we got some things put away and the caterer arrived with breakfast for everyone, the morning started to look up. I know now looking back on everything that the disorganization was a result of all the planning and ideas that I had come up with from a year and a half of planning and thinking I needed every little detail to make our wedding day perfect. But in fact it took away from me being able to enjoy the time with family and friends. I will say, and I'm sure I will mention later, that once I walked down the aisle towards marrying my best friend, all that stress lifted away and I was in complete love and joy! Nothing mattered any more and everything was perfect! Everything just fell into place and I was able to enjoy our wedding evening, with a few surprises too! Everyone enjoyed the rehearsal breakfast and we were able to run through the rehearsal in less than 20 min! After the rehearsal, everyone parted ways to get ready for the big event of the day! Gracie and myself headed to the hotel to enjoy a few moments of quite time before getting my hair done and all the bridesmaids headed off to get their hair done at the salon. Kudos to all the girls at Synergy Salon for making them all look FABULOUS! Thank you to everyone who was there at the rehearsal and helped out. I may not have told you thank you but your help was very much appreciated and we could not have done it without each and every one of you! Hubby Holmes and myself love you all and are very grateful for all you did for us that day :) Stay tuned for a recap of getting ready and the ceremony! :)

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing all of the work that goes into throwing together a wedding. Your wedding was beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thank you Nicki! Im very happy with how it turned out! Im so happy I married my best friend, but im even more happier its all done and over with lol. I will NEVER do that again lol

    ReplyDelete